New Single: Midnight by Coldplay

After Mylo Xyloto thoroughly disappointed me, I had very little confidence in future music by Coldplay.  However, I find this song very well composed.

Unlike the songs from Mylo Xyloto, this song doesn't sound like it was manufactured on an assembly line, nor do the vocals in the chorus implicitly make me vomit whenever I hear the word 'paradise.'

This song makes good use of elements of electronica and the band's core sound to create a solid song.  I would give it a listen for yourself, but I like it.  It was a pleasant surprise after being utterly disgusted by their previous album.  FYI, I'm pretty sure I'm in the vast minority for disliking Mylo Xyloto.  If you guys really want to hear it, I can explain why I think Mylo Xyloto is Coldplay's worst album (by a long shot).

In other news, give "Midnight" a listen.  If they release any other singles this good, I just may give Coldplay's approaching album a fighting chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment