Cosmo and Foghat at the Arcada

This review has been delayed quite a bit and meaning this concert had happened quite awhile ago.  Therefore, I probably don't remember much about it.  However, I don't think there was really a lot to talk about anyways.

This concert was pretty okay.  It wasn't spectacular but it wasn't terrible either.  Unlike Paul Revere and The Raiders who I saw the weekend before this concert, it was a solid rock and roll show.  I'm not really that knowledgeable as far as Foghat's discography goes but the song variety was pretty run of the mill for a rock band.  A lot of the songs started to sound the same and it got kind of boring in that way.  There were also some pretty lengthy solos which I'm not a fan of unless if I'm watching Joe Satriani or something.  This guitar player wasn't half bad as long as he wasn't using a guitar slide.  For some reason, about half of the concert all of his solos were played with a slide which he didn't seem to be particularly good at.  He certainly wasn't George Thorogood.  As soon as he put the slide away, the solos sounded a lot better and more interesting to listen to.

Although Foghat was the headlining band, I actually much preferred the warm-up band's show.  The warm-up band, Cosmo, was a band that had a few of the former members of the legendary rock group Boston in it.  None of them were the original members of Boston (I don't think) but a few of them were members of Boston at one point or another.  Particularly, the lead singer of the group Fran Cosmo, and his son, co-lead guitarist Anthony Cosmo, lead the band.  They played mostly Boston songs and did quite well at it.  In my opinion, Cosmo playing Boston songs was much more entertaining than Foghat playing Foghat songs.  Cosmo really owned the stage.  Although they weren't officially Boston, they did a hell of a job being Boston anyways.  If I ever got the chance to see Cosmo again, I would definitely make the effort to go see them and would encourage you to go see them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment