Jimmy Eat World Futures 10 Year Anniversary Show

This show happened back in October and I'm finally getting around to writing about it.  I'm going to keep this one brief but this concert was very good from what I remember.

I remember that the warm-up band was some video game themed band.  It was a three piece band: guitar, drums, and bass that did exclusively covers of video game music.  Most of the songs were themes I believe, at least, I can't remember if they played anything other than a main theme.  They were pretty entertaining though.  I can't remember what they were called but if you do some internet searching, you might be able to find out who I'm talking about.

This Jimmy Eat World show was particularly special because they played their Futures album all the way through.  Of course, as usual, the band sounded fantastic and passionate as always.  Of course they also played some other stuff after they finished.  To my pleasant surprise, they played their Stay On My Side Tonight EP (except for the remix) since, from what I know, it's essentially b-sides from their Futures sessions.  This was actually really awesome because I also really like that EP.  Basically, if you like Futures, you will love Stay On My Side Tonight and I encourage you to check it out.

Really, the only other notable of this show is that they did not play "Sweetness."  Kind of surprising but I'm not heartbroken over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment