Mason! Why do you make so many mistakes!?!?

Yes we are... yes we are
As you may have noticed over the time that I started writing these posts, there are freqneut mistakes or erorrs that I will make somewut consistently.

hehe, I'm just trolling you now...

But seriously, with this post I plan to confront the lack of professionalism that keeps occurring throughout these posts.  Here are some of those things:



Why is the formatting all weird?
Because the draft formatting often gets distorted when actually posting stuff to the site.  This is probably mostly due to the unconventional two spaces that I enter after a period or hard punctuation mark.--See?  Why do I do that?  Well, it goes back to my keyboarding class in high school.  She would mark us down if we didn't have two spaces between the beginning and end of sentences and it's a habit that I've never put in the effort to correct back to the more popular single space after sentences.

Why are there so many typos?
Mainly because I don't edit these.  Okay, that's not entirely true.  There was a period of time though where I would write out a post and then immediately post it to the site before even looking at it for errors.  I've gotten better about it but I still don't catch all of them.

Why are there so many spelling errors?
Same reasons that I have so many typos basically.  I'm not paying attention and type 'there' instead of 'their' or something like that.  We all do it sometimes, it's just a matter of actually looking at it again and correcting it, which I can be pretty lousy about.

Why does the name and subheading of your blog have nothing to do with what you talk about?
...the original thought of this blog was for it to be more personal.  I obviously had changed that thought almost immediately after writing the first post.  I still have a few posts every now and then that are a little more personal so I think the title and subheading are still suitable enough to keep.

Why does your author description say "Just another guy?"
Because I am just another guy.  Don't take my opinions (or anyone else's) too seriously.  The internet is already hostile enough.

Why do you write about games so much?  You should write about music more!
Yeah, perhaps you're right.  I think the balance is pretty good though but I haven't really done any album reviews in a while.  Stay tuned!

Why do you write about music so much?  You should write about games more!
Wait what?

Why do you write about movies so much?  You should write about music and games more!
Oh!... buzz off!

Like in the title of this post, why do you put the exclamation mark before the question mark?
Because I feel like either order is technically grammatically incorrect since you're putting punctuation marks unnecessarily next to each other.  Even though I'm aware the more preferred order is to have the question mark before the exclamation point, I still do it that way anyways because that's how I've always done it and I don't feel like changing.

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck?
Other than the fact that's irrelevant to this post, I would say that a woodchuck could probably chuck quite a bit of wood in a short period of time but the woodchuck would not be able to chuck the wood very far or very accurately.

Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
Well, a friend of mine ended up driving his F-250 on both and crashing into a lamp post on the parkway so I guess you could do either/or on both road situations.

Am I done asking questions now?
No!  I'm asking you!

 Are you done answering questions now?
Yes.



Image:  http://birdsontheblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/committedtoexcellense.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment