Playing Catch-up: Kashmir

Based on the name, many people could figure out that the band Kashmir is a Led Zeppelin cover band.

Kashmir does not fall short when playing this role.

The members dress and grow their hair/wear wigs to look like the Led Zeppelin of the 70s.  They also sound just like the band.  Just about to a tee.

At some barbecue fest in La Grange (yeah, I don't know what the hell I was at), the Jimmy Page look alike used his wireless relay to its full potential as he would often make his way into the crowd.

The audience was mostly over 40 years of age.  I didn't mind too much.  At least there was no one calling the cops for noise complaints.

Kashmir is actual a real treat for those middle aged folks.  You could tell that everyone was having a good time.  They were all dancing and having a tame good time.  I think that Kashmir makes them all feel twenty again, which, I think that's pretty cool.  Kashmir knows their audience and they deliver.

Not to mention, they played a long-ass set.  I'll be honest, I didn't even stay to see all of it.  They were already at two and a half hours and still kickin'.  Kashmir is pretty damn legit.  If you like Led Zeppelin, Kashmir is a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment