Playing Catch-up: Q877 PIQNIQ

I'm gonna keep this one short because it's pretty irrelevant now:

Maximum Hedrum:  They kinda sucked.  The bass player acted like he was in-between bands and the two vocalists were old men having a midlife crisis.



Capital Cities:  They were way better than expected.  They've literally made me reconsider genres that I had never really given a chance before.  They're a combination of Disco and House mix (party music lovers, correct me if I'm wrong about that).  If you get a chance to see them, I recommend it.

New Politics:  They were very good!  The singer was about as acrobatic as he is in the music videos.  They have a good live sound on just about all of their songs.  If you get the chance to see New Politcs, don't pass it up.

Twenty One Pilots:  I'm not a fan of Twenty One Pilots but their live show was pretty sick.  They get involved with the audience:  standing on the hands of audience members and putting platforms for the audience to hold as they pound on bass drums.  Very energetic.

Also, I got to pat the lead singer on the back as he ran into the crowd that he parted.  I probably made my friend who is a huge fan of Twenty One Pilots pretty jealous.

Cold War Kids:  I didn't see them because we left the side stage early to go see the main stage.:


Atlas Genius:  Atlas Genius was very melodic and played mostly slower songs.  I almost fell asleep in my seat listening to them.  That doesn't mean the music was bad though.

Silversun Pickups:  Contrary to the word on the street, Silversun Pickups was a really great live show.  The singer got a little off in Bloody Mary but Panic Switch was flawless.


AWOLNATION:  Very high energy show.  The singer got tired of screaming in the middle of the show though.  He picked it back up at the end.  However, screaming constantly for 45 minutes is about as hard as it sounds.  I don't blame him.
  
Bush and Yeah Yeah Yeahs:  We left early due to lack of interest.

Overall, it was a good festival.  It wasn't the kind of fest I would typically go to but I'm glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment