PSP Reboot #12: Phantasy Star Portable

This game is made by Sega who also makes the Valkyria Chronicles series.  You can tell as there are some similarities in the art design.  The Phantasy Star series is completely different than Valkyria Chronicles though.  It's more of a sci-fi RPG where you travel with your party and fight bad guys.  The game is really rather typical but it adds a lot onto it.  You can use virtually any kind of weapon you want from swords to axes to sniper rifles to machine guns.  I really like the variety.

I remember playing a demo for a sequel:  Phantasy Star Portable 2.  However, I have yet to see it anywhere.  I would buy it if I saw it.  However, it's not like I'm hunting it down or anything.

The battling can be a little mundane at times but the boss battles are usually pretty exciting.  Overall, if you like RPGs, this one is probably worth picking up for ten bucks.

Image:  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/95/Phantasy_star_portable_box.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment