PSP Reboot #22: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

This game is technically not a sequel, a remake, or a reboot of any kind.

MASON!!!  YOU CHEATED!!!  WE READ ALL OF THOSE POSTS JUST FOR YOU TO CHEAT!!!

Well, yeah, I guess I did.  But hear me out:

This game is basically a reboot of Final Fantasy Tactics.

I'm not kidding.

The gameplay is almost exactly the same.  The art design IS exactly the same.  The game developer is the same.  Even the story has some oddly similar parallels (which would have been the easiest to change).  Also, if I'm not mistaking, this game recycles some of the music from Final Fantasy Tactics.  There's some subtle differences between leveling systems and magic, what certain jobs do, etc.  Oh, and they changed the name of the White Mage to Cleric instead.  Whatever.

I might be giving it the third degree.  But, the thing is, all they had to do was call it Final Fantasy Tactics:  *insert random jargon here* and it would have been fine.  Why did they change the name?  I have no idea...

Though, because of its similarity to Final Fantasy Tactics, it's actually a really good game.  In fact, it's more difficult than Final Fantasy Tactics which makes it a hell of a game.  I really like this game.

If you liked Final Fantasy Tactics, you will love this game.  Give it a try.

Image:  http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yB49yT7iL.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment