PSP Reboot #18: Final Fantasy II

Similar to the first Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy II has been redone on several different consoles and is now on the PSP.  The upgrades and extra features on the PSP version are similar to those that were done on the remake of the original.  Bonus dungeons, an updated art design, sharper looking menus, and a breathtaking intro cut scene that translates the old characters into a 3D design.

Also something to note:  I never played Final Fantasy II for the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) but on this PSP reboot, I beat the game within 20 hours, making it the shortest Final Fantasy game that I have played (which I've played a lot of them).  So this was a little disappointing.  However, the story is definitely more involved than the first so it's not like it was completely disappointing or anything.  In fact, I still had a lot of fun playing this game.

So, like the first one, if you haven't played this one and you're a hardcore Final Fantasy fan, I suggest you pick it up.  Otherwise, don't bother.

Image:  http://www.yourffs.com/games/ff2/images/boxartpsp.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment