PSP Reboot #15: Medal of Honor: Heroes

This game, though similar to the engine used for Medal of Honor:  European Assault, does a decent job of standing on its own along with the other Medal of Honor games.  It has its own campaign, all new levels, and new weapons.  It also has online multiplayer:  a feature that was not included in Medal of Honor:  European Assault.  In fact, the online play for Medal of  Honor:  Heroes is quite good.  It has all of the standard game modes, soldier classes, etc.  It has what you would expect online multiplayer to have.  Unfortunately, none of these good qualities matter because, like any 1st person shooter on the PSP, the controls suck.  I give Electronic Arts credit for their attempt at this game though.  They did NOT resort to auto-aim; the only shooter on the PSP that I know of to not default to the shameless, uncreative, fix of auto-aim.  Instead of aiming with a right stick, this PSP reboot has the player use the x, circle, triangle, and square buttons to aim their weapon.  This system for aiming is really troublesome.  If you get in a tight situation where speedy and efficient aiming is required, you're as good as dead.

This game just kills me because it could have been good but.......it was on the PSP.  There's no way you can enjoy the good qualities because the controls suck too bad.  It seems that no one learned that 1st person shooters don't work on the PSP because there is a Medal of Honor:  Heroes 2 on the PSP as well.  I never played it.  Why should I?  That one is going to have the same issues as the first one.  I can't aim at what I'm trying to shoot!  I know I'm not the best at shooters but there is no reason that aiming should be this hard.  I'm sure these games are better when you download them onto your PS Vita, but don't get them on the PSP.  Trust me I know.

If you see this UMD sitting on a clearance table for 99 cents, I would still pass it up.  You could have put that dollar towards a pack of gum or something more worthwhile.  

Image:  http://www.hkofferhouse.com/images/cover/psp/Medal%20of%20Honor%20Heroes%20-%20U.S%20Ver%20(PSP)%20cover%20front%201.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment